Friday, June 1, 2012

Last But Not Least

Yesterday was our last big meeting before our departure to the East Coast. All students, parents and chaperones gathered at Pinole Middle School to go over the all important travel details including the time we have to meet the shuttle to the airport, what to bring and an overview of the activities and dinners we'll be participating in. I was excited to share this experience with my parents because I think it really reassured them to get all the details on traveling and they got a better understanding of all the interesting and challenging things we'll be doing while we're away. 

It's going to be a busy few weeks! Even the week before we leave, I'll be bustling about, gathering everything I need to bring and once we're there, the running around doesn't stop. We'll be visiting schools up and down the East Coast, getting tours and going to informational meetings. Then we move in to the Brown dorms! I am especially looking forward to this because I want to get a taste of college life. Having a room mate, eating in the dining hall, and going to class, will be a new experience but I am grateful to get this opportunity so that when I go to college for real, I'll already know the drill to a certain extent. 

All the major events are done and now all I have to do is wait, which as I said before, will be very hard. 

Here are just a few of the many helpful handouts we got to help us prepare to the trip.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're ready, Maddie. The only thing left is to set the alarm so you can be at the departure point on time.

    And don't forget to have some fun every chance you get.

    ReplyDelete