Thursday, June 28, 2012

Book Worm

My day consisted of studying, studying, and more studying (with a couple of food breaks in-between). In class we covered a few more topics including politics and the now passed "Obama Care". We spent a good portion of the class talking about current events going on in the world like the upcoming US elections. My favorite moments in the class are when our instructor gets so enthralled in what he is talking about that you can't help but get excited too. Often in public schools that is lost because many teachers can't just teach, they have to babysit too, so its an amazing feeling when this actually happens. After a day of lecturing with our instructor, us ILCers headed off to the Rock for a few hours to finish our homework that is due this Friday. Every study session we have I thoroughly enjoy it. Not only are we reviewing the material but we are actually understanding it. I think it is a whole different experience when you have your peers helping you on the course work rather than just your instructor. So for the duration of my stay at Brown I will definitely continue to make use of our study sessions.

Study Session at The Rock
Afterwards I headed back to my dorm to get a head start on my group project which is due on the last day of class, July 6th (my how time flies). I will be presenting the introduction of our project so it needs to good. I think it will be really interesting to see the presentations of all of the groups projects. Each group chose a topic that was important to them. At the end we have to choose a side and explain why our group stuck with this side. It'll be very interesting to hear which sides everyone ends up deciding with.

Next came dinner at the Ratty with Ying and a quick group meeting to discuss my class project. I then went back to room and continued to hit the books and absorb as much material as my brain could handle before heading over to David's to study some more.

Throughout my time with the ILC I have learned so much in such a short period of time. From touring the various colleges, to meeting the fantastic people, this whole experience has been a whirlwind. Everyday when I wake up I still can't believe this has happened. I still remember Don coming to my school to talk to a room full of students who were just as excited about this program as I was. And before I knew it I was getting an email that said I had made it to the interview. This whole experience has opened my eyes to amazing opportunities that are right in front of me. I am immensely grateful to the Ivy League Connection for granting me this opportunity to see just what my future can hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment