Thursday, June 21, 2012

Macro Matters

For those of you scoring at home, and I can't imagine why you wouldn't be, today I expanded my streak of an apple a day to an impressive four, which matches the usual amount of apples I end up eating a year. Then, just as I have been for what feels like months (not that time's travelling slower here due to boredom, I just feel like I've been on campus forever), I headed off to Macroeconomics.


Today Nick (again, our teacher, not me, I promise I won't start referring to myself in the third person anytime soon) decided to switch it up to "keep things interesting" which surprised me since I had found the apparently boring part of the class fascinating. We didn't spend the whole class in lecture today, instead mathematically finding the relationships between output, depreciation, and investments, which helped us find the steady-state level, or when an economy reaches equilibrium thanks to equal investments and depreciation values. I would explain in further detail, but I know most readers will want to know what happened in my day, and won't be able to read any further while asleep. Again, not that the class is boring; this is just long, fairly complex material. 


We ended class a bit early after Nick decided that we had done a ton of work today and needed a bit of rest. I headed back to the gym yet again (it's amazing how a ton of free time almost forces you to work out, I should probably start managing my time a bit better at home) and then it was time to cool off in the pool. It has been really fun getting to meet people from all around the world, and I'm still amazed that it has only been 4 days spending time with people I feel like I've known for years. 


I did have some homework I had to finish up, but I had already done a large portion of it over the past few days, an impressive feat for the best procrastinator in the universe three years in a row. This was yet another productive day, as I finally managed to sign up for the Brown trip to Newport this Saturday. After our last experience with the gorgeous Newport just a few days ago, I can't wait to head back there with everyone at Brown.
For those of you who had forgotten the beauty
of Newport's mansions, here's one of the many.

No comments:

Post a Comment