Monday, June 11, 2012

Time to Go!

In less than 12 hours, I'll be sitting on my suitcase in front of El Cerrito High, either half-asleep, or bouncing up and down with excitement. It could go either way. 

After Don dropped everything off at my house last night, I finally have everything I need. Now comes the challenge of fitting everything into my one suitcase, and having it weigh considerably less than 50 pounds. But even as I was sitting on top of my overflowing suitcase, close to tears with frustration, I could honestly say that this is the most exciting time of my life. After attending the EC graduation on Friday, I was struck with the realization that I'm really getting old! Next year, I'm going to be a senior applying for colleges, and I'm so grateful that this experience will mark my last summer going in to high school.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,

    I normally just bring my camera to these departures from ECHS but if you're going to be bouncing all over maybe I'll bring my camcorder to catch the action. It might make a nice video clip for the blog.

    ReplyDelete