Sunday, July 1, 2012

Providence, here we come!

Six hours from now, I'll be standing in front of El Cerrito High School waiting for my bag to be weighed and saying goodbye to my family for 18 days. 

The days leading up to this moment have been busy. It took me three days to pack. I'm not sure that that's natural. I was so paranoid that I would forget something that I packed, and re-packed. I made list after list, and made several trips to Target. And after all that, I can say that I am 99% sure I didn't forget anything. 

All this preparation has kept me distracted and now that it's all over I'm starting to remember that all the meetings and list making is for something bigger. I got so caught up in the preperation that I forgot that this work is all leading up to this trip to the East Coast and an experience like no other. 

I am so excited for every aspect of this trip. Everything from getting on the plane to meeting my roommate. From visiting schools to starting class. I can't wait to start challenging myself academically and socially.

From reading all the blogs of the ILCers already back there, I can tell I'm going to have a great time and I can't believe it's finally here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment