Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sometimes, Boring is Better

While today was productive and energizing for me, it doesn't make for a very exciting blog. I woke up late after a night of much needed sleep. After a quick breakfast, I headed over to Starbucks on Thayer St. to get some of my homework out of the way. I was able to edit an interview I had with my mom earlier this week about her experiences as a woman. I asked questions like, what kind of notions about women did you grow up with? And, how do you think your life would have been different if you were born a man? Needless to say, it was an interesting interview and I'm looking forward to turning it in on Monday.

Next, I made progress on my Action Plan. In between sips of iced tea, I answered questions that were designed to help me realize what needs to be done before I can put my Action Plan in to motion. It was an eye-opening exercise and I'm now aware of exactly how much work is going to be needed to get this plan off the ground. When I finished the worksheet I packed up my stuff and headed for the Ratty. However, when I got there, I was informed that it was closed on the weekends and I had to trek back up Thayer St. to the VDub.

After lunch I came back to my dorm and enjoyed a quick nap and read Fast Food Nation (the summer reading assignment for APLANG next year). After that, some friends and I went to dinner.

While it may seem like a slow day, it was a good day. I think I got a real feel for what college is like. As much as I would have liked to go to the beach, I knew if I didn't start on my homework today, it would pile up leaving me with a busy, not so fun, Sunday. College requires excellent time management and I figure, why not start now?

No comments:

Post a Comment