Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wellesley est belle, et je l'aime


I woke up to the sound of my bell and man was I exhausted! Abby was ready to jump on me because I couldn’t draw enough energy to rise off of my bed, but finally I woke up. I rubbed my eyes to finally realize that I was no longer in my own room anymore, no longer waking up to the saying on my wall, “Vous êtes belle.” I got ready and headed down to the lobby to meet up with the rest of the cohort. We all headed about three blocks to the Small Point Café. Most of us ordered about the same thing, an egg and cheese sandwich. After breakfast we headed back to the hotel for a pit stop and finally made our way to Massachusetts.

Buffalo in the
Science Building (Wellesley)
Wellesley dormitories
dominated by EXLO
I hadn’t realized how close these states are, which made the trip a lot shorter compared to our plane ride. Once we arrived in Wellesley we walked up to the admissions office and filled out a card in order to receive more information about Wellesley. Our tour guide, Amy, took us around the campus and explained the significance of them and how students put them to use. The science building was interesting because they extended the building. Instead of destroying the original building they just added on which kept the original outside lamp and now it’s on the inside. I also really enjoyed the Lulu Chow Wang Campus Center. The architecture was impeccable! Did you know that there are rumors that there is only ONE right angle in the entire building? We ended our tour at this building and had lunch there too. After the tour we all headed back to the admissions office to sit in on an info session. Overall, I really enjoyed touring the campus. When I first approached the school I would have never envisioned myself at an all women college but now I would consider it. I believe that this is one of the schools I will be applying for in the fall. Wellesley is an empowering school for women and it was a good way to connect to our class, Women and Leadership.

When we got back from Wellesley Iris invited us to workout. Abby, Iris, Molly, and I headed down to the fitness room and worked out for an hour. After our workout Emily, Molly, Abby, Iris, and I went to CVS Pharmacy to purchase toiletries and snacks. We hurried back to the hotel to get ready for the dinner.

The first dinner I ever went to I was really nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. Once we arrived to Camille’s Restaurant I was more relaxed. I enjoyed every moment of that dinner; I met students that are current student at Brown University, two alums, and the Associate Dean of Medicine at Alpert Medical School, Mercedes Domenech. I asked a bunch of questions related to college life and the students told us about all their college experiences. All the stories, description of college life, the campus, and the excitement the students exuded really encouraged me to apply to Brown. I hope the tour to Brown University will seal the deal.

Our chaperones were really enjoying themselves before the dinner started! 

All the girls decided to have another blog party and a movie night! Getting to know them has become a great experience and made this trip more valuable. Although most of us met each other through the program it seems like we have known one another for a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment