Sunday, July 1, 2012

One Day More

Feelings are difficult to define. Right now, on the verge of this three-week trip to the other side of the country, I would call what I am feeling a mixture of excitement, nervousness, anticipation, and happiness. I am instinctually a shy person; however, I am constantly improving myself in this regard, and this trip is going to be a wonderful, challenging opportunity to overcome my shyness and get out of my comfort zone. After several months of preparation for the trip, it is now just one day away, and I am more than ready to take on all the challenges, meet all the wonderful people, and experience all the colleges that will be a part of the next three weeks of my life.

I am almost completely packed, which for me is almost amazing, because usually I am up until late at night the day before any trip, pacing my house and looking for items that I still need to pack into my luggage. However, due to the early start time tomorrow (2:45 AM!) I got myself together and spent most of yesterday laying out clothes and reviewing the several packing lists that I have. Today, I am planning to relax, spend time with my family, and finish off packing my luggage. Hopefully I will be able to catch some sleep tonight, although anticipation of tomorrow might keep me awake. I am so happy to be able to spend the next three weeks in Providence in such a great environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment