Saturday, April 21, 2012

Testing, testing 1, 2, 3!

This is the first of many blog posts to come. Today was the Ivy League Connection tutorial where Don Gosney explained everything we need to know about the program from how to post a photo to how to do our laundry in the dorms. 
Sunset in Hawaii
I arrived at Hercules High School on a bright and sunny April morning. I was greeted by the friendly faces of my fellow ILCers when I walked in to the computer lab where the tutorial was being held. First, Don went over the importance of checking our email. Then, he moved on to the nuts and bolts of blogging. He gave us tips on how to take a clear picture and how use the blog site to the fullest.

I'm adding a photo of my vacation to Hawaii last summer to practice inserting photos. Hawaii was absolutely beautiful. This was just one of the many amazing views we saw on our trip around the Big Island. One day, my family and I took a snorkeling trip that I'll never forget. The view of the colorful fish and interesting coral was just as vivid as the sunset. The boat we were on took us to three locations and each one was better than the last. At one stop, we even saw a small shark. 

This summer will be just as exciting. I looking forward to getting to the East Coast. I think it will be interesting to live in dorms and explore the schools in a new place as well. My peers who have attended the Women and Leadership course before say that it is fun and informative. The other young women who will be taking the course with me are friendly and intelligent. I can't wait to get to know them better this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment