Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Potluck: A Taste Of Our Summer At Brown

My Tuesday evening was even busier than normal today; not only did I have the Brown Cohort Two Potluck to attend, I also had a band concert to perform in. Because I had to dash to the concert at 7:00 PM, I was only able to stay for the first half hour of the potluck.

I was excited to have the chance to get to know more of the girls in my ILC group, along with their parents. Everyone brought delicious food along, and we all filled our plates and socialized while eating various tasty dishes, including fried rice, romaine salad, and pot stickers. All the people at the potluck were incredibly friendly and interesting to talk to. I hope to get to know all of the girls in my cohort better, because since I left early, I wasn't able to talk to everyone as much as I would have liked. 

The food at the potluck was all delicious; it was also mostly gone by the time I left.

Everyone enjoyed eating and talking to each other.
I left the potluck reluctantly at 7:00 PM, just as Ms. Kaplan was beginning to tell us the details of our trip. Both of my parents were able to stay for a while longer, and my mom took notes on the information that Ms. Kaplan gave us. My mom later relayed the information to me; hearing details regarding the dinners we are to attend and the other activities we will be doing added to my excitement about the trip. As the date of our departure slowly approaches, everything is beginning to seem like more than just a distant opportunity. I am more enthusiastic than ever for this summer. 

Ms. Kaplan gave us a lot of useful tips and details about our trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment