Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Delicious Potluck



When my mother and I arrived at El Cerrito High this evening we were excited to meet new people and to gain a better understanding of life at Brown. After arriving at room C302, we were greeted by Mrs. Kaplan and a few of girls attending the Women and Leadership Program. We introduced ourselves and filled out some paperwork while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.


When everyone found their way to the classroom, we started to eat. The food was delicious and talking to the other girls was great. We have a lot in common; I learned that two other girls besides me play softball. Everyone seemed excited for summer and I know I certainly am.


Once we were all situated, Mrs. Kaplan introduced herself to the group and talked about the logistics of the trip. I was interested to learn that we will be staying in the Providence Hotel and visiting Wellesley, Dartmouth, Brandeis, and Harvard. After Mrs. Kaplan spoke, she gave the other chaperones, Kat and Jackie, an opportunity to introduce themselves. All three chaperones seem like wonderful individuals and I feel honored to have the chance to spend some of my summer with them.


After all the important information was relayed, everyone went back for seconds and posed for photographs. I had the opportunity to talk a little more with my chaperones, and some of the other girls in the program. Eventually my mother and I made our way out of the classroom, and headed home. The potluck today was a fantastic opportunity for me to meet the other girls and my chaperones. I am now even more excited for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment