Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So Much Satisfaction

Oh, how frustrated I was to be late to the potluck! Right after my badminton game, my mom and I rushed to Lee's Garden to pick up my favorite pot stickers. I thought it would be nice to share that with my Brownies. Upon arriving El Cerrito High, I bumped into Ynah and found it funny and embarrassing given the fact that we were both late. The signs that led us to room 302 made me more and more anxious to finally meet everybody.

As we entered the room, everyone was already situated with their food. Ynah and I introduced ourselves to everyone and settled in our food as well. Words cannot express how much I loved the food. Maybe it's because of the particularly long day I've had, or maybe the food was just plain delicious. Being able to converse with my cohorts gave me a peace of mind that there is nothing to be intimidated about.

With the awesome chaperones!
After about fifteen minutes, Ms. Kaplan called us to gather around for some useful information. She gave us a lot of handy tips for traveling and informed us of the many important dinners that we will have to prepare for during our trip. Ms. Kaplan warned us about the weather; I don't know if I'm ready for the heat, but I'll manage! She even shared the "hot spots" in which the past Brown cohorts recommended for us to explore while at Rhode Island.

I give my thanks to Ms. Kaplan for coming up with this great idea of having a potluck. It was the perfect ice breaker for everybody, including our parents. This is just the start of our amazing journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment