Thursday, May 31, 2012

"The Last Piece of the Pie"

As my father and I arrived at Pinole Middle School today, I was a ball of nerves. Not only was this the famed ILC orientation but it was our last event before being sent off to the East Coast. After checking ourselves in at the outside table, we found a seat and waited patiently for everyone to arrive. Eventually we got started with Mr. Ramsey welcoming us and reminding us of the importance of the ILC. After him, Ms. Kronenberg gave her opinion of the most important things. Next, the chaperones gave short introductions to the audience about themselves. Then, Don spoke about packing lists and loner items that would be available to us on our trip. He also told us about how early (or late) we will have to meet at El Cerrito High School on departure day. At first this wasn't something I was looking forward to but the more that I think about it, I'll probably be to excited to be tired (but we'll see).

Next, we had a break out session with our travel groups. Ms. Kaplan and Mr. Crosby gave us itineraries, packing lists, and more information about what to expect when we arrive to the East Coast. We are going to be visiting four universities and having plenty of dinners within our first week. We will have a very busy schedule but I can't wait for the experience. Brown seems just within arms reach but the anticipation is killing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment