Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cohorts United

This evening, all of the 42 ILCers were presented before the WCCUSD School Board Meeting at LaVonya DeJean Middle School. All of my cohorts along with our chaperones were introduced to the board. Each chaperone spoke a little about what programs we'll be apart of and what other college campuses we'll visit. Austin Long, an alum of the ILC, gave a very passionate speech to the board about his experience and what he learned from it. Listening to what he said made me think of how my life will change when I go to Brown in less than two months. Not only am I able to see more of the world around me, but I'm lucky enough to get a taste of what college life will be like for two weeks. It never really occurred to me that I should start thinking about my future now or what I should do with my life, until today. Hearing from others about how the ILC impacted their lives made me so grateful that I have this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment