Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ILC's Big Three

Today at the WCCUSD School Board Meeting, the Ivy League Connection was recognized in front of the community. During the board meeting all cohorts came up before the board and discussed what they would be doing for the summer; the classes they will be taking and the university they will be visiting. I was surprised to learn that I would be able to return to Brown University in November to present my action plan. Before this meeting I hadn't realized how much the ILC means to me. Now I can say that the ILC has helped me shape out my future and encourages me to give back to my community. As July 2nd creeps a bit closer I am more and more excited. I am thankful for this program and would like to thank "The Big Three" for creating a wonderful program where students have the opportunity to expand their education. This past Saturday I was at a fundraiser even for College is Real and someone asked me "What college do you plan on attending?" I told this person Brown University or University of California, Santa Barbara and they immediately told me, "I don't think you would be able to get into Brown." Apart of me believes that this person responded brusquely because of what school attend rather then my characteristics as a person. As I learned today, the WCCUSD's student are going to rule the world! No matter what someone tells me, I will never stop believing in myself. One day I WILL RULE THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment